A Trail of Fire is a collection of short stories by Diana Gabaldon. Each was previously published as part of an anthology or individually as ebooks.
- In A Plague of Zombies, Lord John Grey is posted to Jamaica to assist the Governor as he faces a most unusual kind of uprising among the colony's slave population.
- In The Space Between, Jamie Fraser's step-daughter, Joan, is on her way to an abbey in Paris to become a nun - but when she meets the Comte St Germain, a wealthy French aristocrat rumoured to deal in the occult - she discovers her destiny lies on quite a different path. (also published in The Mad Scientist's Guide to World Domination)
- In The Custom of the Army, Lord John Grey is summoned as a witness in a court martial in the wilds of Acadia, only to find himself playing a crucial role in the Battle of Quebec.
- In A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows, a WW2 Spitfire pilot called Jerry MacKenzie crashes near a stone circle and wakes up in the eighteenth century. Can the strange man he meets - who impossibly seems to know him - help him return to his wife and baby son before a terrible fate overtakes them? (also published in Songs of Love and Death).
- All four of the stories in Trail of Fire were later included in the collection Seven Stones to Stand or Fall.