|Note: This section is a stub. You can help Outlander Wiki by expanding it.|
Events of the NovelsEdit
Mandy is born with a life-threatening heart defect that requires more advanced surgery than Claire is able to perform in the 18th century. Brianna and Roger decide to take the children back to the 20th century in order to save Mandy's life.
As a toddler, Mandy is a cheerful, imaginative child, with a close bond to her brother Jem.
With Jem missing, and Roger gone after him, Brianna relies on Mandy's seemingly supernatural instinct regarding her brother's whereabouts to try and locate him.
Amanda is fearless and brave. She is a typical 3 year old.
Physical Appearance Edit
Amanda inherited her grandmother's mop of unruly hair. Her hair is black like Roger's and her eyes are blue.
Amanda is devoted to her older brother and the rest of her family. She shares a very special connection with her brother that allows for them to somehow know where the other is despite the distance. This bond they share was very useful in finding and rescuing her brother when he was abducted.
- Amanda comes from the Latin amanda, "loveable, worthy of love".
- Claire is the French form of Clara, which itself is the feminine form of the Late Latin name Clarus which meant "clear, bright, famous".
- Hope as a name comes from the English word hope, meaning "the belief or expectation that something wished for can or will happen".
- MacKenzie is the anglicized form of MacCoinnich, a Gaelic patronymic name meaning "son of Coinneach". The personal name Coinneach means "handsome" or "comely".
- Amanda's favorite toy which she takes everywhere is her dolly named Esmerelda.
- ↑ Birthdate stated in chapter 114 of A Breath of Snow and Ashes.
- ↑ Age as of the end of Written in My Own Heart's Blood.
- ↑ Amanda name meaning – Behind the Name. Accessed 21 April 2016.
- ↑ Claire name meaning – Behind the Name. Accessed 21 April 2016.
- ↑ Clara name meaning – Behind the Name. Accessed 21 April 2016.
- ↑ Hope – definition. Accessed 19 April 2015.
- ↑ Behind the Name:Coinneach
- ↑ Ancestry.com