Events of the NovelsEdit
In 1774, Félicité moves with her parents and siblings from Fraser's Ridge to New Bern.
In 1777, Fergus and his family move to Philadelphia.
- Félicité is the French form of Felicitas, a late Latin name which meant "good luck, fortune".
- Fraser may be derived from Fredarius, Fresel or Freseau. Another suggestion is that the Frasers were a tribe in Roman Gaul, whose badge was a strawberry plant.
- ↑ Age as of the end of Written in My Own Heart's Blood.
- ↑ An Echo in the Bone, chapter 18. Claire mentally notes Jamie refers to his granddaughters Joan and Félicité as the "hell-kittens".
- ↑ Behind the Name: Félicité - accessed 27 May 2016
- ↑ Behind the Name: Felicitas - accessed 27 May 2016
- ↑ Way, George and Squire, Romily. Collins Scottish Clan & Family Encyclopedia. (Foreword by The Rt Hon. The Earl of Elgin KT, Convenor, The Standing Council of Scottish Chiefs). Published in 1994. Pages 142 - 143.