|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the character.|
Claire is brought to L'Hôpital des Anges where doctors try to save her life and that of her unborn baby. King Louis asks Claire to judge two men accused of practicing the dark arts – one an enemy, one a friend.
Having collapsed at the duel, Claire wakes in hospital to find that her child was stillborn and Jamie was arrested for dueling. The king grants him a pardon, but only after Claire has had sex with him and helped him in the trials of Master Raymond and the Comte St. Germain, both accused of sorcery, which gives her the opportunity to save a friend and dispose of an enemy. Following their daughter's funeral, Claire and Jamie decide to return to Scotland.
- Caitriona Balfe as Claire Randall
- Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser
- Tobias Menzies as Jonathan Randall
- Dominique Pinon as Master Raymond
- Stanley Weber as Comte St. Germain
- Frances de La Tour as Mother Hildegarde
- Lionel Lingelser as King Louis XV
- Romann Berrux as Fergus
- Niall Greig Fulton as Monsieur Forez
- Claire Sermonne as Louise de Rohan
- Robbie McIntosh as Magnus
- Adrienne Marie-Zitt as Suzette
- Audrey Brisson as Sister Angelique
- Ilario Calvo as Father Laurentin
- Guillaume Lecomte as Gentleman of the Bedchamber
- Michèle Belgrand-Hodgson as Madame Elise
- Niamh Elwell as Young Brianna
- When Claire holds Faith, she sings "I Do Like To be Beside the Seaside", a song first recorded in 1909. In the original script, the scene included a voiceover from Claire, in which she explains that having lost her mother so young, she has few memories of her; however, she does remember that her mother sang to her.
- When Raymond is led away by the King's guards, Claire (in voiceover) quotes a line from The Wizard of Oz: "I'm going to miss you most of all."