|This article is about Outlander, the series of books. You may be looking for the TV series or the novel.|
The Outlander Series is a collection of fiction works by Diana Gabaldon that include elements of romantic fiction, historical fiction, mystery, adventure, and science fiction. The stories focus on two main characters, Claire Randall and Jamie Fraser, and their adventures in the 18th and 20th centuries.
- Outlander (1991) (published in the UK as Cross Stitch)
- Dragonfly in Amber (1992)
- Voyager (1994)
- Drums of Autumn (1997)
- The Fiery Cross (2001)
- A Breath of Snow and Ashes (2005)
- An Echo in the Bone (2009)
- Written in My Own Heart's Blood (2014)
- The Outlandish Companion (1999), a guide to the Outlander series containing synopses, a character guide, and other notes and information. Published in the UK as Through the Stones.
- The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel (2010)
- A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows (2010), a short story in Songs of Love and Death, an anthology.
- The Space Between, a short story in The Mad Scientist's Guide to World Domination, an anthology.
- The Outlandish Companion, Vol. II (forthcoming)
- A Trail of Fire (forthcoming), a collection of short stories from the Outlander series and Lord John Series.
- Virgins (2013), a novella about Jamie and Ian as young mercenaries in France.
- The Lord John Series, a companion series to the main "big" books. It takes place within the scope of the main series, but focuses on Lord John Grey and his adventures.
This is the chronology of all Outlander-related works by Diana Gabaldon.
- 0.1 Virgins (novella) (precedes timeline of the series)
- 1.1 The Exile: An Outlander Graphic Novel (covers the first third of Outlander from Jamie's perspective)
- 4.1 The Outlandish Companion (covers the first four books in the main series)
- 8.1 A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows (part precedes timeline of the series, part coincides with Written in My Own Heart's Blood)