Paul rarely leaves the confines of his family's estate in Sussex, and does not move in society.
Events of the NovelsEdit
Paul does not appear in any of the novels. However, he is mentioned a couple of times within the Lord John Series.
Paul is a man who prefers to keep out of society. Unlike his brothers, Paul chooses to live a life more in solitude.
Paul is handsome like his father, but not very bright, according to Lord John.
Paul does not have an overly close relationship with his Grey family.
- Paul comes from the Roman family name Paulus, which meant "small" or "humble" in Latin.
- DeVane is an Irish name originally written in a Gaelic form as O Daimhin, derived from the word damh, which refers to "an ox" or "a stag".
- ↑ Age as of the end of Written in My Own Heart's Blood.
- ↑ Gabaldon, Diana. "Lord John's Brothers-possible spoiler." MSG: 58458.2. Diana Gabaldon. Books and Writers Community. Compuserve. Published 7 January 2008. Accessed 29 November 2017.
- ↑ Behind the Name: Paul – accessed 28 June 2016
- ↑ Hoseofnames.com: DeVane - accessed 31 May 2016