|“||Listen to me. If you ever raise a hand to me again, James Fraser, I will cut out your heart and eat it for breakfast, do you understand me?||”|
Jamie and the others manage to rescue Claire from the hands of Black Jack Randall but Jamie is particularly upset with her for wandering off into the woods and getting caught in the first place. Harsh words are exchanged but Claire is prepared overlook anything he's said - but she isn't quite prepared for the punishment she receives at his hand for disobeying him and putting everyone's life in danger. They return to Castle Leoch where Jamie must explain to Laoghaire MacKenzie how it is he is now married. Colum MacKenzie meanwhile is none too pleased with their return, particularly that they were collecting money for the Jacobites.
- Preparation for the episode began 6 January 2014 and ended 7 February 2014.
- Filming for block 3 (episodes 9 and 10) began on 10 February 2014 and ended on 17 March 2014.
- Richard Clark finished post-production on block 3 on 14 April 2014.
- Chapter 22 of Outlander is titled "Reckonings".
- This episode marks the first use of Jamie's voice-over in the series, deviating from the original novel which was told exclusively from Claire's point of view.